Thursday, October 16, 2014

Hairy Crab Promotion at Melite Chinese Restaurant (萃英阁) at NUS Staff Club

Melite Chinese Restaurant is a chinese restaurant located at NUS Staff Club. It has a nice view overlooking the Multi-purpose sports hall swimming pool.

I have been to this restaurant several times at different times of the day and I think that this is a quiet place to enjoy your meal compared to other overcrowded restaurants.

Recently, I paid another visit to this restaurant with my friends after learning about their hairy crab promotion. They are having a BUY 3 GET 1 FREE promotion for hairy crab at SGD28 per pieces now. To qualify for the promotion, you need to call them at 67771380 / 92964518 to reserve a place to enjoy this seasonal dish! It also offer an additional 10% off discount for all NUS students and staff members so it is really worth the price!

Hair Crab
Although it requires some efforts to eat this delicacy, the hairy crab served in this place is quite fresh and tasty. The crab is cooked without much seasoning to preserve its original taste. Another thing that I like is that you even get free serving of home-made ginger tea to pair with the crab. When I order ginger tea at other restaurants, they are often overly sweetened or taste like tea from instant tea bags but I can definitely taste the subtle taste of fresh ginger in the tea that they serve. While we also order other dishes, including fried rice and asparagus with preserved vegetables  that night, I think that the other dishes fail to impress me as much as the crabs. Overall, I would recommend paying a visit to this restaurant during this tasty hairy crab season!